Friday, April 29, 2011

It's a major award


I am surprised and excited to be nominated for my first ever blog award.  Thank you to Ashley over at Traditionally Nontraditional for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. 

1.Winners grab the image and put it in your blog.

2.Link back to the person who gave you it.

3.Tell 10 things about yourself

4.Award 5 bloggers.

5.Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.

Ok so 10 things:

1. I have never eaten Spam.  My father in law is plotting to one day secretly spring it on me and get me to eat some.

2. I have one younger brother, four sister in laws, and seven brother in laws.

3. I have never broken a bone, had a sprain, or been stung by a bee, but I've had four black eyes.

4.  I love the smell of citrus blossoms in bloom.

5. My favorite band is Jim.my Eat Wo.rld.

6. After college I went on a two week trip to Europe with a tour group by myself and without knowing anyone else in the group.

7. People say I kind of look like Sara Gilbert and one guy at church now likes to tease me that I should show up at red carpet events.  I'm never quite sure if this comparison is a compliment or not.

8. I can be kind of crunchy and like to take reusable grocery bags shopping, eat hummus, and make my own bread (when I have time).  It pains me slightly that we don't have recycling at our complex.

9. I can't watch Hoarders without wanting to scrub my house from top to bottom and throw out everything we don't use.

10. I hate blood and have passed out over a simple finger prick in the past.  Growing up even the word blood would give me the heebee jeebees but it didn't bother me if it was spelled out.  I've gotten a lot better with it over the years but I still have never donated blood.

I'm still kind of new on the blogging block, so nominating people was a bit hard, but here are my nominations...

BBH at My Rotten Eggs
Cyndi at Then Comes the Baby in the Baby Carriage
Sara at First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage, Then Comes Life
A at The Journey to Baby G
Tracy at Just Stop Trying and It Will Happen

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the nomination...your blog IS amazing :) Love your writing style...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the *crunchy* part! I use (and sew) reusable bags and make my own bread when I have time. I don't "look" the part but totally love it. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete

Help feed my comment addiction.