Monday, January 17, 2011

On the books

My quest to get Provera to end my long cycle hit a couple bumps over the past few days; some good, some bad. In my discussion with the nurse, she informed me that Dr. M. wouldn't give me a prescription until I had a few labs drawn. He wanted to check my Progesterone, Estrogen, and HCG to make sure that I hadn't recently ovulated and that I wasn't pregnant. While I appreciated his thoroughness I was also a bit frusterated as I was unable to get to the lab for a couple days and I feared that would just prolong the process.

Then something surprising happened. Aunt Flow demonstrated that she does have at least one ounce of mercy and showed up over the weekend. As a result, over a month after our initial consultation, I was finally able to schedule my HSG which is hopefully the last bit of our testing. The icing on the cake? Since I don't feel like I need valium, I can drive myself to and from the procedure thus eliminating the need for me to get my parents involved at this time. My original instructions said that I would need to have someone drive me and since Dr. Love is unavailable to do so this month, that meant I would have had to "come out" about our fertility problems.

I know it's only a matter of time before I'll spill the beans, but I'm not quite ready...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help feed my comment addiction.