Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hit me with your best shot!

Yesterday was trigger day! Hooray for ovulation! Boo to getting a shot.

I've read a number of other women's accounts of their experience with the HcG shot. I knew it wouldn't be a big deal. I knew it was a small needle. I knew it would be over quick. I knew I'd have Dr. Love do it, after all we might as well get all the use out of his medical knowledge that we can. Still when the time came to actually do the shot I got nervous. I mean we're puncturing my skin and injecting foreign substances into me.

"Our niece does this every day with her insulin," Dr Love assured me. Yet somehow knowing that my 11 year old niece could handle needles better than I could didn't help. Heaven help me if this shouldn't work and I need to move onto injectables at some point or end up with diabetes one day.

I walked Dr Love through each step of preparing the injection that was listed on my instruction sheet. I realize this was probably more for my benefit than his as I'm sure he already knew how to draw up the liquid and inject it into the powder vial.

I tell myself that if I had to I could have done this all on my own. I'll admit though that it was nice to just lay back, close my eyes and let Dr Love handle it. Today the injection site is a little bit tender but if it works it will be worth it. Now the countdown begins to see if this medicated cycle worked and will be our one and only. 16 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help feed my comment addiction.